Exploring the Essentials with Aly Romero
Skillet Chicken Marsala and Orzo
Perfectly crisp outside. Decadently moist inside. That’s precision you can count on with the NanoBond Essential 3.5 qt Sauté Pan.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Cookware Needed: Hestan NanoBond 3.5 qt Sauté Pan
- 2-4 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz. diced pancetta
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 8 oz. sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 2-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 package orzo
- Porcini mushroom powder (optional)
- 1 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, heat to medium heat and add 2 Tbs. EVOO.
- Add pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally until fat has rendered and pancetta is crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- To the same skillet, add 2 Tbs. of butter to the pancetta drippings and the sliced mushrooms. Sauté for a few minutes over medium heat until mushrooms are browned along the edges (add a little more EVOO to the skillet, if it needs more).
- Add minced shallot and garlic, salt and pepper to the mushrooms, and stir to combine. Cook for about 2 more minutes. Remove to a separate bowl and reserve.
- Heat the same skillet back to medium high. While the pan preheats, sprinkle both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and pat completely dry. Add 1-2 Tbs. EVOO to the skillet.
- Cook the chicken 4 minutes undisturbed. Flip and cook for another 4 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Turn flame off, add Marsala wine and scrape the browned bits with a wooden spoon. Turn the heat back to medium high to reduce and burn off the alcohol. Allow to simmer until Marsala is reduced by half.
- Add chicken stock and orzo to the skillet. Season with salt, pepper and porcini mushroom powder (if desired). Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken back to the skillet, tucking them halfway into the orzo. Sprinkle with ½ of the cooked pancetta. Reserve the remaining for garnish.
- Cover with a lid and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- When finished, remove the lid and garish with the remaining pancetta and fresh chopped parsley.
Sautéed Green Beans with Garlic and Shallot Lemon Butter
Your side game will never be the same. Make green beans a dish to remember with Aly Romero and the NanoBond Essential 11’’ Skillet.
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 Tbs. butter, plus another 2 Tbs. EVOO
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, then add in 2 Tbs. EVOO.
- Add green beans to the skillet and let sit for a minute before stirring to get a nice char. Add salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Give them a shake or a stir and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes until cooked, but still slightly crispy.
- In a small saucepan, melt 4 Tbs. of butter over medium-low heat, then add a few Tbs. of EVOO.
- Add the sliced shallot and minced garlic and cook for about 3 minutes until translucent, but not browned. Add in lemon juice. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Plate the green beans, taste for salt and pepper and adjust seasoning if needed. Top with the Garlic and Shallot Lemon Butter and reserved sprinkling of lemon zest.